2/6/10

The Journey/Bible Scholars


The Journey

Mark 12:28-34

Scripture for February 7

When we think of February, we think of Valentine’s Day. And when we think of Valentine’s Day, we think of love. Well, love is the theme for this month’s worship series, Love’s Simple Choices. Yet simple doesn’t always mean easy, does it? Let’s think about our Scripture for this week that tells us how we are to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Just four words, simple, right? No, not really. What that tells us is that we are to love God with our whole being and we know that may sound simple but it is difficult to live out in our everyday lives. What does loving God with your whole heart mean to you? What about loving God with your soul? With your mind? With your strength? No, not simple things to think about, but so important as we walk closer with our God.



I admit I want it easy, God, even my relationship with You. I want You there when I want You there, but if I get busy and don’t think about You, that’s just supposed to be ok with You, right? OK, I know better than that, I know You want me close all the time. Help me, God, help me…amen.


Trinity Bible Scholars

February 7

Answers are from the Gospel of Mark.

1. What does loving God with all your heart mean to you? _________________________________________



2. What does loving God with all your soul mean to you? __________________________________________



3. What does loving God with all your mind mean to you? ___________________________________________



4. What does loving God with all your strength mean to you? ___________________________________________



5. What does loving your neighbor mean to you? ___________________________________________

No comments: