9/8/09

The Journey/Bible Scholars

Proverbs 17:22, 18:24, 20:19 and 24:3-4

Scripture for September 13




Well, here we are sitting on the front porch again. It’s a beautiful day and we’re just watching the world go by. You just never know what you’ll see from the porch, people walking by, neighbors passing by in their cars and kids playing. There’s a lot of life that goes on right in front of us every day. Perhaps you can take some time to just sit on your front porch, whether it’s a big porch or a small one. Just sit there for a while and let all your burdens, all your frustrations and that “to-do” list just float away. Take a deep breath and just enjoy the life that’s going on around you. And be thankful…

Prayer

Well God, I admit I don’t sit very often and just watch the world go by. Why is it I have to be doing, doing, doing? You know, even if I’m not physically doing something, my mind is always thinking and thinking. Help me to rest my body and my mind and to notice all the good things around me. Amen.



Trinity Bible Scholars

Please read Proverbs 1-5

1. What is the beginning of knowledge? ___________

2. Where does wisdom cry out? __________

3. Solomon wrote many of the proverbs, including chapters 1-5. Who is

he addressing in them? _________

4. Which is your favorite proverb in these 5 chapters? ______________

5. What is more precious than jewels? ___________

No comments: